WADE ST. ONGE

.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

All Souls Day (Dies Irae)


Sequence for Requiem Mass (Dies Irae):

Audio Recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fMHms5Cvsw

Lyrics (Interlinear Translation): http://requiemonline.tripod.com/lyrics/latinlyrics.htm#Sequentia%20%28Dies%20Irae%29

Reading from Lauds (Office for the Dead): "If we believe that Jesus died and rose, God will bring forth with him from the dead those also who have fallen asleep believing in him" (1Thessalonians 4:14).

Antiphon for Benedictus (Office for the Dead): "I am the Resurrection, I am the Life; to believe in me means life, in spite of death, and all who believe and live in me shall never die".



(Grandma) Imelda St. Onge (neé Boucher), born November 2, 1906, died 1996. "Réquiem ætérnam dona ei Dómine; et lux perpétua lúceat ei. Requiéscat in pace."

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting that, Wade. I watched it--very beautiful. We certainly lost something in the transition. Also said a prayer for your Grandmother. The priest at Mass today said Padre Pio used to pray for long-deceased people, because God is outside of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the prayer, Sr. Lorraine! I continue to pray for her, even though I am sure she is in heaven.

    I belong to the Tridentine choir here - we just sung the Dies Irae in our last practice. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete